pejoration of "stuff?"

Marsha Wilson marshatrue at PEOPLEPC.COM
Fri May 25 23:36:19 UTC 2007

Guy wrote "Stuff That Works."  The woman who "paints like God" is his wife Susannah.  She is a fixture of many of his songs.

Marsha Wilson
/old fan, acquaintance and stuff like that

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laurence Horn

  There's a lovely paean to stuff (albeit modified stuff) in the song
  "Stuff That Works" by either Rodney Crowell or Guy Clark (they both
  sing it well and they're both songwriters, and unfortunately the web
  doesn't make it clear which one wrote it):

  <snip>

  There's a woman I love she's crazy and she paints like God
  She's got a playground sense of justice she don't give odds
  I've got a tattoo with her name right through my soul
  And I think everything she touches turns to gold

  Stuff that works...