"Location, location, location": a proverb?

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon May 28 11:57:28 UTC 2007

If "Location, location, location" can rightly be called a proverb, then is it this exact saying or just the "X, x, x" formula that's proverbial?

Last night on _Cold Case_ (CBS-TV; a rerun, I believe) the saying was "Reputation, reputation, reputation"--uttered as if it's proverbial. What other such retriplications (?!) exist?

Prince Hamlet was famously prone to an expressive tic of triplicity: "Except my life, except my life, except my life"; "Words, words, words"; etc.--but those instances seem to have been ad hoc, not traditional (that is, proverbial).

--Charlie