Army tells gay translators: don't tell, or don't translate

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon May 28 19:52:02 UTC 2007

Mandel strikes another low blow on the list.  If one is to critique what
another says, one should at least keep the others comments attached so the
reader knows what is being critiqued; especially when making derogatory
comments about a person such as Mandel makes.

I did not comment on gays at all.  My comment was about how truespel would
be a superior phonetic writing system for English native soldiers to use
because it's English friendly as well as keyboard friendly.  Having
rewritten English in truespel, I'm not so ignorant on that.

To put it in a military way, truespel will kick the ass of any other
phonetic system in terms being user friendly for USA military.  And that's a
challenge.

Meanwhile, in consideration of Memorial Day, a poem from my book.

They Stand in Line
by Thomas E. Zurinskas

They stepped forward to stand in line,
Young men and women in their prime,
Soldiers who suffered and died for us all
So our nation could stand tall.

And if we thrive in times past then,
We owe a debt to honor them.
And praise the peace that was their gift.
To them and God our eyes uplift.

For they stand in line at heaven’s gate,
Their heads held high, and backs held straight.
The ones God called before their time,
In dress uniform, they stand in line.

Each one a fine example of health
Like the photographs on a loved ones shelf,
And we their legacy carry on
As stewards of the seeds they’ve sown.

We come in sunshine and in rain,
To show they didn’t die in vain,
To honor, as a part of ourselves,
Those names and pictures on our shelves.

We lift them up who’ve fallen down
And dedicate this holy ground,
Knowing some day we who remain
Will rejoin our heroes once again.

See truespel.com - and the 4  truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at
authorhouse.com.

>From: "Mark A. Mandel" <mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU>
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>Subject: Re: Army tells gay translators: don't tell, or don't translate
>Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 13:41:04 -0400

>-----------------------
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       "Mark A. Mandel" <mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU>
>Subject:      Re: Army tells gay translators: don't tell, or don't
>translate
>
>As usual, Mr.Zurinskas's ignorance, and his unawareness of it, are both
>appalling.
>
>m a m

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You’ll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507