Word/typo of the year!

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 30 22:13:00 UTC 2007

_Contraduce_, v. 1. to introduce correctly after an incorrect introduction: Fred introduced her as Ethel, but Ricky contraduced her as Lucy.

  2. to produce (a rival motion picture) on the same or a similar subject: While _Amy Fisher: My Story_ was in production, _The Amy Fisher Story_ and _Casualties of Love_ were being contraduced elsewhere.

  3. to be contraducive: Street pugilism contraduces to good public order.

  JL

Laurence Urdang <urdang at SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Laurence Urdang
Subject: Re: Word/typo of the year!

JL
Different contra, of course. But still, no prizes.
LU

Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Jonathan Lighter

_Contraduct_ v., To funnel to a rebel group, especially without knowledge of Congress: Oliver North _contraducted_ arms-sale money to Nicaragua.

JL

Laurence Urdang wrote: ---------------------- Information from the mail header -----------------------