"slough" (etc.)

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Thu May 31 11:55:07 UTC 2007

(I'm just passing this along:)

Date: Tue 29 May 10:37:05 EDT 2007
From: "David A. Daniel" <dad at pokerwiz.com>Subject: Slough
To: "'Charles Doyle'" <cdoyle at UGA.EDU>

Hi,

I have been a member of the ADS-L list for some time but, for whatever reason, the system will not post my messages. Thus, am sending this directly to you. I wrote to Jodi Picoult and asked her what she meant/understood by "slough" and she said: "Slouching and moving slowly and roughly all at once". I would probably have used “shuffle” or “shamble” in that context.

David Daniel