Rubies and diamonds, and _The Man Who Would be King_ (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu May 31 14:34:19 UTC 2007

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> In 18th-century newspapers I've read of hailstones larger
> than turkey eggs or large walnuts, although sometimes they
> are merely "of a considerable bigness".  (The usual in the
> newspapers, however, is a measurement in inches.)

When David Letterman was a local weatherman in Indiana before he got
nationally famous, in the mid-1970's, he famously broadcast that
hailstones the size of canned hams were falling.