Bee Season: The annual spelling bee brings out protesters as well as nerds

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Thu May 31 16:30:23 UTC 2007

sagehen wrote:
>> Perhaps if the subject lines had [ADS-L] inserted at the beginning,
>> that would make it clearer for all these poor confused souls that all
>> the emails they're getting are from one list, and maybe they would
>> remember subscribing to it. Other lists I'm on have that feature --
>> it also makes sorting emails a little easier.
>
>> James Harbeck.
>>
>  ~~~~~~~~~
> This (ADS-L in the subject line) came up a few months ago.  I was relieved
> that it went nowhere, since for me , far from making the file easier to
> sort, it means having to go in and remove the "ADS-L" from the subject if I
> want to aggregate the posts on any paticular thread.  Ron Butters'  posts
> all come labelled that way & end  up in their own corner regardless of real
> subject, until I erase the offending label.  The mail filter can take the
> ADS-L from other parts of the heading to send all ADS-L posts to one
> mailbox.
> AM

I believe it's a user-option whether you want the posts you receive to
have [ADS-L] in the subject line. I do, and receive all mailing list
posts (not just ADS-L) posts that way, so it's easier for me to filter
them into separate mailboxes.

Alice Faber                                    faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                           tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                        fax (203) 865-8963