what is going on?

Thu Nov 1 18:54:41 UTC 2007

I'm concerned about all of the withdrawals from the list in the past 36
hours--withdrawals of people I know and respect. Did something horribly insulting
happen, or are people just expressing a loss of interest in a list that seems
to be made up almost entirely of the following:

1. antedatings
2. rants about how people don't say things right
3. food terms
4. eggcorns
5. memories of linguistic experiences that took place years and years ago?
6. wisecracks
7. complaints about the world in general
8. privae messages gone astray

I spend a lot of time every day deleting items from my Blackberry that are
not at all interesting to me, and I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be better if
those who are interested to start a separate antedatings list, and maybe even
a food terms list. I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel on a list that I
have been with from the beginning, but some days I wonder why I don't just go
away, too.

 See what's new at
http://www.aol.com