ADS the list

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Fri Nov 2 00:50:21 UTC 2007

Bethany K. Dumas wrote:
> What I have found annoying about the list in recent months is the number
> of messages/threads in which I have absolutely no interest at this time.
> Also, while at one time I could suggest to my students that it would be
> useful for them to subscribe - even as kibitzers - I no longer find that
> to be true.
>
> After thinking about my options, I have decided to move my subscription to
> another address, one that collects messages in threads.
>
> That may or may not take care of the problem. What would be most helpful,
> I think, is to arrange that the subject line of every ADS message
> contains the label "ADS." Can that be done?

I think that's an option that you can set for your subscription. Every
ADS-L message that I receive has [ADS-L] before the subject. And I have
a vague recollection of having done something to make that happen.

I have my various email programs set up to automatically put all list
messages in a separate folder. Some days I have time to read (at least
skim) everything; other days, I don't.

Alice Faber                                       faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                            tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                               fax (203) 865-8963