[Speech note] Pronouncing Oregon

Tue Nov 6 00:24:27 UTC 2007

At least for me, I think the pronunciation varies between "gIn" and
"g at n", with the former preferred.

FWIW, I'm a West Coaster and find the pronunciation "gahn" grates on my
ears. There aren't many words that bother me, but Oregon really does.
Not sure why. Ne-VAH-d@ is a close second.

Benjamin Barrett
a cyberbreath for language life
livinglanguages.wordpress.com