Texas Coffee & Texas Toast (1944); O.T.: Election wagering (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Nov 7 14:58:41 UTC 2007

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I don't think the toast in the 1944 cite is anything other than a joke.

The other cites seem to refer to what I think of as Texas Toast.  A key
element
is that the bread has to be thickly sliced -- maybe twice as thick as a
slice
of normal sandwich bread.