vl cluster spotting

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Nov 11 03:38:22 UTC 2007

It will certainly become more common in a few
weeks, after the Nov. 23 through 27 concerts of
the Boston Symphony Orchestra, which in an
all-Smetana program will play the complete "Ma
Vlast".  Those of lesser musical ambition or
knowledge will recognize its second part, Vltava
(ah yes, another vl cluster), aka "Die
Moldau".  Coincidentally, the flyer for this BSO
program arrived after my posting on vl- words.

And I was being a bit facetious about the
commonness of "vlast" -- although it was in my
vocabulary.  I may even have encountered it in
its Russian sense of "(political) power".

Joel