thee for the

David Bergdahl dlbrgdhl at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 14 01:20:08 UTC 2007

I've been at Ohio Univ for 39 years: the original use of the article with
OSU [formerly known as "State"] was on their radio station in the mid-70s,
if my memory serves me well, a practice picked up by our radio station and
then more generally by a past administration for all uses.  I guess the idea
was to sound classy.
-db