Sniplet

Fri Nov 16 20:49:45 UTC 2007

Evidently a snippet of programming code is a sniplet.

I found one instance of it escaping into normal parlance, though: This
exciting product launch will be recorded in this blog, along with other
general observations, random facts and entertaining sniplets of
information. (http://www.faov.com/blog/)

Computer uses:

1. Basically, a Sniplet is like a Dreamweaver snippet but quicker
because it's in the right-click menu while you are in Code view, with no
panels or dialog boxes. (http://www.tom-muck.com/blog/index.cfm?newsid=42)

2 I believe that when I changed my eBay User ID name the editor toolkit
sniplet disappears from my webpage and I have to redo each sniplet by
logging into eBay with my new ID to have it back up and running.
(http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=2000417696&tstart=120&mod=1187067150321)

3. http://www.naccq.ac.nz/bacit/0201/2004Verhaart_TeachRes.html
As in all databases, it is important to work out the smallest workable
unit or entity. After several prototypes, the content fragment that
proved to be most workable was "a piece of knowledge or information that
could be represented by one overhead transparency".

In order to provide a way to refer to this, the term “Sniplet” was
coined. In a sense, a sniplet is a specification for a type of learning
object.

Benjamin Barrett
a cyberbreath for language life
livinglanguages.wordpress.com