I say persona, he says personum?

Sun Nov 18 21:42:16 UTC 2007

To me, "the sum of one's character" sounds fine. Here are some
supporting Googits:

BB

“I always think that, while we come into the world with certain
innate talents, you really become the sum of your environment,” Beard
said in his Camp Hill office, a Nittany Lion Head carving in the
window. (http://www.ed.psu.edu/news/beard.asp)

The sum of his majesty's speech (i.e., summation): http://
books.google.com/books?id=op0MAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA146&lpg=PA146&dq=%22the
+sum+of+his%22+-parts+-
oddities&source=web&ots=MQ_eJGJ08O&sig=Ox_QDyJPXU6JeeGKaP5tr8_hnxk

"...the sum of his misery" (http://books.google.com/books?
id=01E4AAAAMAAJ&pg=PA21&lpg=PA21&dq=%22the+sum+of+his%22+-parts+-
oddities&source=web&ots=MVepAZSoIj&sig=DNRQRJcnIk643RwbeMK4yPXT-NA)

"Fanny and Alexander" (1982): The director famously called this
family saga "the sum total of my life as filmmaker." (http://
www.boston.com/ae/movies/articles/2007/07/30/
highlights_of_bergmans_career/?page=2)