Good Food Movement (1966, at Berkeley?; 1985, at Farm Aid?)

Barry Popik bapopik at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 22 21:22:08 UTC 2007

Happy Thanksgiving. In today's Austin American-Statesman, some
singer-songwriter-Farm Aid founder named Willie Nelson wrote an Op-Ed
piece. Nelson credits "Good Food Movement" to Jim Hightower.
Does anyone remember the term at Berkeley? Anything on FACTIVA?
http://www.statesman.com/opinion/content/editorial/stories/11/22/1122nelson_edit.html
COMMENTARY

Nelson: Celebrate a new food tradition
Willie Nelson, LOCAL CONTRIBUTOR

Thursday, November 22, 2007

The holidays are the perfect time to welcome good food grown by family
farmers into our homes and share it with our friends and relatives.
Some of our best memories are created when people come together over a
holiday meal. This holiday season, we should celebrate the family
farmer and share the story of good food.

The story leads us to the family farmers who grew the crops and raised
the animals. At Farm Aid, we call this the Good Food Movement (with a
nod to Austin's own Jim Hightower, who may have coined the phrase).
People seek connections with food producers, from local and organic
farmers to urban growers in community gardens, and even our own
backyards.
(GOOGLE NEWS)
COFFEE PRO REVEALS SECRETS OF MAKING GREAT CUP
Pay-Per-View - The Oregonian - LexisNexis - May 27, 1997 he attributes
the sharpening OF American interest in good COFFEE to the ``good food
movement'' that began in Berkeley in 1966. ...
(GOOGLE NEWS)
Farm Aid to Bring Music, Put Spotlight on Good Food Movement of...
$10.00 - Newstex - Alacra Store - Jul 6, 2006 "Thankfully the Good
Food Movement that Farm Aid has promoted and supported since 1985 is
taking hold in grocery stores, Farm-to- school programs, ...