ADS Annual Meeting: Slight Change of Venue - No Change of Plans

Mon Nov 26 20:34:12 UTC 2007

For the first time in many years, I will not be coming to ADS. Maybe next year, if it is in a warmer place.

-----Original Message-----
From: aallan at AOL.COM

Date:         Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:51:32
To:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject:      [ADS-L] ADS Annual Meeting: Slight Change of Venue - No Change of
              Plans

?

Because the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago is undergoing renovations that won't be finished by January, the Linguistic Society and ADS have had to move their annual meetings five blocks away to the Chicago Hilton on Michigan Avenue. It's closer to Lake Michigan and the Art Institute, and has more meeting space, so the change can be viewed as a boon rather than a bane. Some amenities have been improved too, including a reduced rate for Internet connection.

?

Reservations for rooms at the Palmer House have been automatically switched to the Chicago Hilton, so members who have made reservations already do not need to take any further action.

?

In any case, our program has not changed, and we will have two excellent meeting rooms on the third floor, apart and yet in the thick of the action.

?

- Allan Metcalf, Executive Secretary

americandialect at mac.edu