Request for assistance on American slang from a Russian colleague

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Wed Nov 28 02:25:30 UTC 2007

    My colleague and friend, Victor Shakhovsky (Volgograd Pedagogical University) has written to me that one of his students is researching American slang and is seeking information about the theoretical literature on a variety of aspects
of slang.  I'll try to help and of course would be grateful for any assistance that ads-l can provide.  In fact, it would be good if Victor's student would contact ads-l directly with his questions.

    Anyway, this will get the ball rolling.  One of Victor's questions is whether there's literature on the difference between male and female slang.  Would the ads-l members familiar with the general topic of differences in speech according to gender be able to suggest some items?

    Again, any assistance would be very much appreciated.

 Gerald Cohen