Fwd: -ckx consonant cluster?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 28 20:12:21 UTC 2007

But isn't Daeninckx of Flemish ancestry? His first name is one of the
many French versions of "Thedrick" (Theodoric), but that's most likely
coincidental. I have a French friend whose surname is "van
Bockstaele," who is of Flemish ancestry. (I realize that this adds
nothing, but I thought that I'd just throw it in there. "What the
hell, eh?", as a Canadian friend says.)

-Wilson

On Nov 28, 2007 1:42 PM, Chris F Waigl <chris at lascribe.net> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Chris F Waigl <chris at LASCRIBE.NET>
> Subject:      Re: Fwd: -ckx consonant cluster?
>
> Amy West wrote:
> > Then I'm contaminated as well: Merckx was the example that I thought of also.
> >
> > ---Amy West
> >

> I first thought of the French detective novel writer Didier Daeninckx,
> who has one more consonant clustered in there.
>
> Chris Waigl

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens