"Walking Taco" (Taco-in-a-Bag; Frito Pie; Petro's from Knoxville, TN)

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Thu Nov 29 15:30:58 UTC 2007

Down memory lane . . . . Frito Pie was a relentless staple at the public school lunchroom (in eastern Texas) when I was a schoolboy the mid-1950s. (Barry's early datings of the term, as I recall, were from the late-1940s). Perhaps uncharacteristically for the concoction so-called, the lunchroom ladies oven-baked it (Fritos and all) in massive pans, and served it with a (redundant) chunk of cornbread.

--Charlie