Iced Tea; Tailgate Picnic; "No Noose Is Good News" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 12 21:48:13 UTC 2007

I remember it in the form, "No noose is good news" as a graffito on
the wall of a cell in a newspaper cartoon from the 'Forties. In _Grin
and Bear It_ by George "Lichty" Lichtenstein, perhaps, and in any
number of other cartoons by any number of other cartoonists.

-Wilson

On 10/12/07, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC <Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject:      Re: Iced Tea; Tailgate Picnic; "No Noose Is Good News"
>               (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE