"I ate so much okra I slid out of bed!" (1930s? East Texas?)

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Fri Oct 19 13:57:29 UTC 2007

A more yuppified version might have been called, albeit erroneously,
yam frits.
;)
(the other) doug

It's good to hear that civilization has arrivred in New Haven, and that
Larry is relishing the gustemic delights thereof.

One point: How "traditional" are sweet-potato fries? Having eaten Southern
cooking (black and white) all my life, I had never encountered them until
just a dozen or so years ago--at an upscale, yuppified, thoroughly nonSoul
restaurant. I assumed that some comparatively recent innovator came up with
the bright (and tasty) idea of adapting french fried potatoes into something
more healthful (or at least more colorful).

--Charlie