snowclone: Today ___, tomorrow the world

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Thu Oct 25 17:41:00 UTC 2007

Of course the phrase would have taken on a totally different meaning
had the speaker been referring more specifically to a certain MD city
rather than the entire state: "Yesterday, AC, today DC, tomorrow we're
_all_ connected."
(the other) doug

My favorite example of this was when i was in high school (so this would
have been between 1983-1987, when a morning DJ was talking about the
then-governor of Maryland (and i'm thinking it was Don Schaefer, which
would have placed this spring-ish of 1987), who had said that he thought
that retrocession of DC to Maryland would be worth entertaining as a way
of dealing with the DC voting rights question. I still remember the
exact way the DJ ended the discussion:

    Hey, this is the way Hitler got started--yesterday Maryland, today
    DC, tomorrow the world!