wage in on

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Oct 25 22:18:37 UTC 2007

This one is new to me. I've posted it on the eggcorn forum. A
co-worker just said to me, "That's quite a dilemma, and not one I'm
going to wage in on." I've found instances of it on the web. The
first few:

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7B974BDFE2-9AF5-4CE5-8B15-E0C869ACE211%7D&siteid=mktw
Check back at guruscorner.com on Wednesday when firebrand Martin
Weiss of the Safe Money Report will wage in on the rate cut and its
effect on deflation.
[probably for "weigh in"]

http://www.thegamergene.com/tag/halo-3/
Religious leaders are often quick to wage in on the negative site for
the video game debate but not so in this case.
[possibly for "wade in"]

http://library.thinkquest.org/26638/war/index.html
War was also no longer limited to the combatting sides, for
foreigners could wage in on one side or another and change completely
the dynamics of the conflict.
[likely directly affected by "waging war"]

http://community.eons.com/groups/topics/internet-dating-after-50---ugh/1/2007/05
I'm going to take a risk here and wage in on a delicate topic that
seems to pervade many of these postings
[could be weigh or wade]

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~nlevina/GOS-spr-06-FTMBa.htm
We will wage in on the debate on the pros and cons of global sourcing
(offshoring).
[probably for "weigh in"]

16,300 total ghits for "wage in on" but not all are examples of this
usage -- about 50%, by the look of the first couple of pages of
results.

James Harbeck.