The m-word

Laurence Urdang urdang at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Fri Oct 26 14:36:21 UTC 2007

It is increasingly difficult  finding a TV program in which the main competition isn't something like projectile vomiting; but if one watches things like the Last Comic Standing and listens to what passes these days for humor, if is not hard to see why.
  L. Urdang
  Old Lyme

Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Jonathan Lighter
Subject: Re: The m-word

Charlie, you'll have noticed the current TV commercials that feature

A. a bouncing balloon filled with urine, and

B. giant anthropomorphic mucus.

Market researchers seem to have determined that these images are very appealing to today's prime demographic. They'll move products. (Or "product," as products are so often called on TV.)

JL