WOTY Season

Montgomery Michael ullans at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 31 13:16:45 UTC 2007

Dear Arnold

About half of the postings from you, including the one
below,end up automatically in my Bulk file, which I
check not very often.  Any idea why this happens?
Yours are one of the few postings I ever read.  Please
don't get involved in the antedating chase.  There are
too many messages of that kind already, and it takes
several rounds a day to weed out ADS-L postings that
are of no interest to me.

I know that you have some familiarity with my
dictionary of mountain English.  This is to let you
know that I am in rather late stages of revising and
expanding that work, which will cover a rather broader
territory.  If you have any suggestions regarding
format, or indeed the treatment of any specific terms
in the dictionary, I would be pleased to hear from
you.  I am afriad that the reading for citations could
proceed forever, as engrossing as it is to unearth
obscure publications and other documents from southern
Appalachia - I could probably read a volume a day of
hillbilly stories from now till 2010 - but I must
close this stage of the work by the end of December,
with many bridges still to cross.  But I would do my
best to attend to any recommendations you might have.

All the best

Michael

--- "Arnold M. Zwicky" <zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU>

http://mail.yahoo.com