Mixed Bathing (East Texas); Mixed Swimming (West Texas)

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Sat Sep 1 13:43:59 UTC 2007

I am a good deal more likely to say "bathing suit" than "swimming suit" or "swimsuit." Is there a regional aspect to the probability here? (In my childhood, however, the ponds used for informal dips were "swimming holes," not *"bathing holes"--just as the official concreted facilities were never *"bathing pools").

--Charlie