one-time "whenever", live

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Sep 2 14:08:56 UTC 2007

At 9:46 PM -0700 9/1/07, Montgomery Michael wrote:
>Hey Larry
>
>Is "episodic whenever" your term?

It was, but I'm open to better ones, especially given the "whenever I
was young"-type cases.  Is there a standard term in aspectual
semantics and/or dialectology that encompasses all and only the
non-standard occurrences of "whenever" that Michael cited and that
have been discussed periodically on the list?

LH