Another one bites the dust?

Thu Sep 6 18:47:53 UTC 2007

I don't really care for the English plural, either, but they are so
common (e.g., shareholders meeting), they don't seem so bad.

I can see a case for using "alumni association" if the genitive of
alumnus is alumni, otherwise what bothers me other than just sounding
odd is that a college-educated organization should have a higher
standard than a homeowners association. BB