Mx for intersexed people?

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Mon Sep 17 13:19:37 UTC 2007

From:    "Douglas G. Wilson" <douglas at NB.NET>

> I've never seen "Mx." in any sense (which doesn't mean much!).
> Somewhere I've seen "M." used for "Mr./Ms.", but I can't remember
> where and I don't know whether it has any currency: anybody else seen this?

I'd never seen "Mx." before this thread (except as an abbreviation for
Mexico), either, but I used to think that "M." in print meant
"Mr./Ms"--and then I discovered that (at least where I'd been reading
it) it meant Monsieur.

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida