Whiz

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Sep 25 18:17:32 UTC 2007

Google Books seems to show "take a whiz" from 1925--Benjamin De Casseres, _Mirrors of New York_:  "There was a cellar, however, three blocks up the avenue where a gentleman could
take a whiz at the wheel. No, we couldn't do anything with the wheel today."  Although it's attractive to envision a small waterwheel installed inside a urinal for the recreation of well hydrated whizzers, I assume the reference is to some other activity.

--Charlie