George Bush Hooked on Phonics at U.N. (that's YOO-en)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 28 09:52:39 UTC 2007

Basically, this notation is America's reaction to SAMPA.  The VOA uses the same notation as Pres. Bush does.  I have yet to find a name for it.  I guess "VOA-spell" is appropriate.  For "UN" I'd put stress on the last syllable, you-EN.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.