Y'all Say WHUTTTT?

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sat Sep 29 16:52:25 UTC 2007

'Got a phone call yesterday on our business line, clearly
from a call center, based on the amount of chatter in the
background. I couldn't hear who the caller said she was
representing, and I was totally befuddled by her question:
"Who's yer far chiff?"
I asked several times for her to repeat, then gave up in
frustration, said I didn't know, and hung up.
As I did so, I recalled that for some odd reason, that
line has been known to be called by people seeking our
tiny village's fire department.
The light went on: She was enquiring as to our _fire chief_.
---
She's got _some_ heavy-duty accent!
 (the other) doug