Two other countries separated by a common language

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sun Sep 30 20:44:02 UTC 2007

As well they might (ask that question). As, similarly,
they are inclined to ask for "bathrooms" when having
no intention whatsoever of bathing, being befuddled by
getting French fries as part of their fish and chips
order, and pondering where locals are going when they
announce, as some sometimes do, they're going to the
_loo_. (Less frequently, these days, or so I'd imagine,
the loo-bound might note s/he is going "to spend a
penny", a once-common phrase reflecting a long-gone day
when that was the price of admission to a "public
convenience".
(the other) doug

---

LOL. Doug Harris said something to a similar effect. I was of course
simply inventing a sentence that I thought a tourist might ask. BB