yahoo (was: 'Top Words from 2007'...)

Michael Covarrubias mcovarru at PURDUE.EDU
Tue Apr 1 22:40:44 UTC 2008

I'm not sure what this will accomplish -- but...

M-W does list as first pronunciation [jejhu] which I had never before heard.

I, like many people on the list (n.b. Mr Z) have heard yahoo pronounced
with both the [a] and the 'ash' vowel. And unlike Mr Z I've heard it
used as a noun many times -- and I've been using it a lot as a noun
*very* recently. I've heard the stress on the noun almost exclusively on
the first syllable.

michael