yahoo

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 3 02:31:07 UTC 2008

Thanks Mike,

Being an old geezer with a lot of TV westerns under my belt, I'm not as accepting as thee when I'm told that "yahoo" is pronounced YAY-hoo (yay as in hay) ~yaehue.  Never heard that.  It's always been YAH-hoo ~yaahue as in the website name or yah-HOO ~yaahhue as an exclamation.

Right.  There is a second entry that pops up showing "yahoo" as an interjection.  So you must cursor down to select it to see the info.  Why that's a good idea I don't know.  I'd like one word with all the info under it so I don't miss selecting something.  I wonder if it's new, because I've been using m-w.com for years.  It's a great free resource.

If they use OR then a yahoo as defined might not be stupid.  I don't think a yahoo is supposed to be smart.  According to that definition (using OR) a smart person that happens to be boorish can be called a yahoo.

Strange word "boorish" ~boorish.  It has the sound of "oo" in "foot".  Before "r" is rare.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A