Barry Popik namecheck

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Sat Apr 5 13:45:56 UTC 2008

Not a misprint. The middle name is nicely explained
in her Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_8._Lee

dh

Poster:       Michael Quinion <wordseditor at WORLDWIDEWORDS.ORG>
Subject:      Barry Popik namecheck

Someone billed as Jennifer 8. Lee (is this a misprint, I wonder, or have
numbers become the new initials?) writes in the New York Times online
today about apples, apple trademarks and legal action arising therefrom.
She quotes Barry Popik and describes him as a "cultural etymologist". It's
a neat term that I may appropriate without credit ...

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/04/its-like-comparing-apples-to-
apples/?hp