Extension of Tourette's

Sat Apr 5 23:43:03 UTC 2008

In an interview of Chris Rock by Ed Condran in the Seattle Times (NW
Ticket & Movie Times, 4-10 April 2008), Rock uses the terms "a mild
form of Tourette's" and "comedic Tourette's".

-----
Q: You have a great way of saying anything. Where did you learn that?

A: I don't know. It's a mild form of Tourette's. I remember about a
year and a half ago. {sic} I went to a a Mets game. I was talking to
[Mets manager] Willie Randolph. The lineup is being made. I look at
the lineup. I see Moises Alou and Shawn Green. I say, 'What is this,
the '89 All-Star game?'

Q: What did Willie say?

A: He laughed. But it's comedic Tourette's. Sometimes it might be best
if I keep my mouth shut.
-----

I wonder if the connection between Rock's comment to Randolph and
Tourette's is that Rock is "bad mouthing."

The brackets are in the source, the braces are mine. BB