vulturing (n)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Apr 7 04:39:23 UTC 2008

NYTimes, April 6, , Mutual Funds Report2008, page BU23, col 2.

[headline] Vultures Are Circling, Must Be a Foreclosure.
You, my friend, may have a bright future in:
Vulturing.
There's a fat shelf of books dedicated to the proposition that you
can make a fortune out of the misfortunes of others.

I see via Google that there are a number of other figurative uses,
including a number of "culture vulturing" (urban dictionary has
"culture vulture").  But the application to mortgage foreclosures
might become common in 2008.  A WOTY  candidate?

Joel