"Like" abuse redivivus

Dennis Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Sun Apr 13 06:23:28 UTC 2008

I didn't say anything about their articulateness (nor would I agree
that they not); I was just reporting the results of a survey of
like-users who themselves very much disliked S-final "like" (whenit
was clearly not what I called "appended 'like.'" The appended "likes"
("He was kinda happy-like") don't usually seem to be the ones
targeted by like-haters, but the example you give is indeed ambiguous.

dInIs