"trump up" = inflate

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Apr 14 16:31:33 UTC 2008

I'm sorry you're so snippy this morning.  Since you clearly wrote "i
also suspect that most people here are *unfamiliar* [emphasis added]
with the 'inflate, blow up, exaggerate' sense of "trump up" [etc.]",
I supposed it was worth saying that someone on this list was, and
from where he thought it arose.

Joel