Standard US English Dialect?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 15 19:44:45 UTC 2008

I think this is wonderful.  I'm looking for a model of best spoken English.  I assume m-w.com is such a model.  I do quibble about "awe-dropping" for some words and the initial sound of short i ~i instead of short e ~e for words starting with "ex".

I would think that the best English as a standard should be easiest to understant.  Coming from the FAA where English is the standard language of Air Traffic Control, I would be interested to know which accent is clearest and least misunderstood.

Note that the FAA teaches that number 9 be pronounced NIE-ner to preclude confusion with 5.  These are too close phonetically.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.