Standard US English Dialect?

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Apr 16 13:48:20 UTC 2008

It's something that the local New Britain area is known for. I don't
even think of it as belonging to the state as a whole, so I'm really
surprised to hear of LH mentioning it in his daughter's speech.

However, that may be a very provincial view: certainly it could occur
in other dialects. But around here (southern New England) it's
recognized as a marker of that local pronunciation/dialect.

---Amy West (lived in New Britain, CT for 8 years)