sources and flying fuck

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Apr 18 22:43:10 UTC 2008

At 4/18/2008 04:38 PM, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>In my home state of Alabama (which is often presumed to be somewhat
>backward), all that is necessary to have online access to the OED is a
>library card.

In my current state of Massachusetts (which is presumed to be
somewhat forward, although I would say foresighted -- see the
presidential election of 1972 -- a public library card does not
secure access to the on-line OED.  But in Massachusetts the township
was the primary organization of local government (today, there are a
number of regional public library systems where a card in one town
permits access to the collections of all towns in the regional system).

Joel