American Literacy Rates

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 20 13:57:43 UTC 2008

Lots of measurement disparity here.  I'm away from home so I can't get to my data.  One thing I remember is that over 50% of blacks and hispanics drop out of high school.  Another is that states data on reading proficiency can vary quite a bit.  One southern state said proficiency was at 70% for 12 graders, but when federally tested it was 30%.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008