Rosa/rowz@

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Apr 20 21:40:06 UTC 2008

Thanks, Mark.  For someone whose linguistic interest is 99.9% in
written and whose education in phonetics is 0.0%, can you give me
some examples of words using 3 and 4 below?  Esp. 4, so I can see
that it's not, for example, like "rouser".  (I am a caught/cot
distinguisher, so I think I know what 2 is -- a little like a
crow?  Caw, caw, but with less W.  And, uh, I think I'm clear on schwa.)

Joel