Rosa/rowz@

Benjamin Lukoff blukoff at ALVORD.COM
Wed Apr 23 16:46:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Tom Zurinskas wrote:

> The truespel dictionary is based on words as spoken in the American
> Heritage Talking Dictionary and m-w.com.  In order to get away from
> special symbols, I had to spell our all schwas.  This makes truespel a
> bit more accurate than other dictionary pronunciation guides for USA
> accent, as schwas stand for at least 4 sounds (See the spelling out of
> "international phonetic" in IPA notation at the IPA site.  In truespel
> it's ~internnashinool, which is much more accurate, or shall we say
> dialect specific.)

I should really take my own advice and just ignore your posts after the
way you responded to my last one trying to give you good advice regarding
taking some local classes.... but that aside, I must ask: why two 'n's in
your respelling of 'international'? And don't you see that
dialect-specific spelling is counterproductive?