Getter Better

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Fri Apr 25 15:09:08 UTC 2008

I spotted this today in a piece by TVNewser columnist Gail Shister:
With "CBS Evening News" on life support, Katie Couric should walk away.
Now.
So says Emily Rooney, former executive producer of "ABC World News Tonight,"
among others.
"She should do it sooner than later. I'd do it now," says Rooney, media
critic for Boston's WGBH. "What's she waiting for? Will it _getter better_
fter the election? After the inauguration? Of course not.
----
Google found 21,300 "getter better" references, many duplicates, going back
at least four years. 'Sounds like something I'd expect Larry the Cable Guy
to utter, but not a locution I'd expect from many utter -- er, other --
people.
Am I simply out of touch?
dh