Consistent punctuation oddities

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon Apr 28 18:28:42 UTC 2008

A few years ago I started noticing, in hand-written discussions, commas placed at the beginning of a line rather than the end of the preceding line/phrase. I doubt if students could have seen that practice in print anywhere, and probably word-processing programs won't even permit it, unless a space is inserted prior to the comma.

--Charlie