Congressman Gets In/Into Trouble With In/Into

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Mon Apr 28 19:16:24 UTC 2008

Though there are distinct uses for each, 'in_to' and 'into', and it's hardly
uncommon to see one or the other misused, it's _not_ so common, we believe,
to find a correct and incorrect usage so close to each other as in this
April 25 press release from Rep. Charles Rangel "ON THE VERDICT IN THE
SHOOTING DEATH OF SEAN BELL":

Although we understand and share the frustration that many New Yorkers are
feeling at this moment, we caution against giving _into_ that frustration.
Instead, we urge all who are disappointed with the decision to channel their

energy _into_ monitoring this review and utilizing their right to peaceful
assembly to seek a redress of their grievances over today's decision.
dh